Wednesday, August 04, 2010

August is here...

The month of my birth... Last weekend I took a quick trip up to Hokkaido for a drive. It was a very quiet weekend. It was just me driving and enjoying the fresh air. I went down around Toyako lake and over to Muroran. This was the first city I came to when I first visited Japan. It always has a special place in my heart. I lived there for about 6 months and loved it. I have been back often but its been a few years so I decided to go and see some of my favorite places. I bumped into some old friends as well. Then headed up to Noboribetsu onsen. There I relaxed in the hot springs and just walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere. It was really needed. The weekend was fast but really good. I have decided I need that more often.

Well tomorrow now I am back on a plane to Utah. I will go back to the United States and have a very busy schedule. I will go to my house in Utah. I look forward to seeing my place and toys. Also to sleep in my bed in a much cooler house. After about a week there I will head down to California to see Andy. Then my trip is over and its back to work. But the next 2 weeks at least I hope to be able to relax. At least next week I can because Japan is basically shut down. But the week after that Japan is back in business so I am sure there is going to be some fire I have to deal with. At least for the next couple days I am not going to think about work... it should feel good....

No comments: