Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day,

Well its May Day. Nothing special here. Its also Monday morning and I hate Monday mornings.... Although I don't hate my job.... I don't really like working. I wish I could be paid to play...hehe. But thats life. Its back to work. I guess I have to work so I can play.

Today, many immigrants in the United States are not going to work. They are protesting immigrant laws and want to become legal citizens. There are many illegal immigrants in the United States and now they want to just be made citizens. I completely disagree with this. I don't care if people come to the United States to work and live. I also think its good to become a citizen. But I feel they need to follow the laws. I know many people who have come to this country legally. But a large number of people from Mexico here came illegally. To just give them citizenship is a mistake. They should go through all the legal steps as everyone. They are not special because they lived here for many years illegally. Why should they get rewarded for breaking the law??? I don't understand it. Its a huge problem in the United States.

So today they will not go to work. They will not go to school. They want to show how important they are to the US economy. Thats fine with me. They shouldn't be working anyway because they are not legal citizens and don't even have working visas. So let them stay home. Let them stay out of school. My taxes pay for their childrens school. I don't want to pay for their school. So let them stay home.... I guess I sound cold. But it upsets me they think they are more special than people who come here and follow all the laws.... Well I should stop complaining...hehe. Time for work...

No comments: