Sunday, January 14, 2007



Back from the North American AutoShow:

Well I got back last night from the North American Auto Show in Detroit. It was a busy trip but interesting and always fun to see the latest cars and trucks from all the makers.

I had a scary experience though. My first night I arrived I decided to walk about 2 blocks away from the Hotel to the restaurant. It was dark and while I was walked a car pulled along side of me and turn out its lights. A black guy opened the window and asked if I needed a ride. I said no I was just going to a nearby restaurant. He then asked me what I was doing. I told him I was ok and just walking. He then screamed at me "Get in my car!!". I couldn't believe it. My heart was pounding. I thought, "here we go". "I might have a problem". I thought I would have to fight this guy but I was scared thinking he would have a gun. He screamed at me again "Get in my car". I yelled and told him I was fine and then started walking back to the hotel. He backed up in his car and followed me. I ran across the street and started running to the hotel. He yelled at me again then he left. It was a little scary. I thought "Todd you are so damn stupid!!! This is Detroit!!" I think I have pretty good street smarts. But I should have just drove to the restaurant. Anyway, I got in my car and drove the two blocks. I felt I was a little lucky.

The show was good. I was busy with customers and colleagues. Below are a few pics I took.


New Audi R8

New Chevy Camero


New Jeep 4 Door

I liked the Audi and the Jeep. I bought a new jeep a couple years ago but after seeing the new 4 door Wrangler I think I want to trade it in. But that will have to wait until I get back from Japan in a few years.....

No comments: