Monday, December 03, 2007

The weekend is already over!!

Well my Monday is over and I can`t believe the weekend and Monday is now over. But it feels good to have Monday over. On Saturday I drove down outside Toyota city with some people and picked mandarin oranges. It was the first time I have ever done anything like that. It took almost an hour to get there. I was there for a few hours and left. We picked and picked all day. The person who owned the little farm was a friend of one of my friends. Therefore a friend of a friend. Actually we had a pretty good time. I ended up bring back with me around 90 lbs of oranges. I have no idea what I am going to do with all these. Last night I took some over to my next door neighbors house. Then I took some to the local church to give to members.

It reminds me of about 7 years ago I was living in Hokkaido. I got pulled over in the middle of the night coming home. I think it was about 1 or 2 am. I am driving up a hill to my apartment and all of a sudden a cop with some bright orange vest and lights jumps out right in front of me. It scared me to death!! So I pull ed over. He asks for my drivers license. I didn`t have any id on me. I could not believe it. He asked me to come in the little station (koban). We sat down and he took all my information. I was very sorry and a little scared. I wondered what he was going to do. I have had a couple really bad experiences with cops in Japan in my younger years. So I wondered. But he told me I needed to bring all my documents to him by the next morning or I was going to be in trouble.

So the next morning I got up early and went and bought some oranges. I took my documents to him and gave him the oranges and said sorry. He just quickly looked at my things and told me to take care. I was so relieved. So maybe my good gesture of the oranges was the right thing to do...hehe. So in my experience... giving oranges away can really help you out!! So I have plenty of oranges to give to cops or whoever. I guess I should eat a few also... actually I have been eating them like crazy since Saturday. I am already almost sick of them. Anyway a great day and lots of fun. I will do it next year for sure. Its just good to get out and do something you have never done before and meet some people. I guess I need to do these kinds of things more often.

No comments: