Wednesday, November 28, 2007

On the train:

I spent another day of meetings in Tsukuba. I am writing this as I ride the shikansen back from Tokyo. I am getting almost sick of this ride. I would be completely dead without my ipod and computer. So here I sit. Today`s lucky car is #5. I am in row 16 seat C which is an aisle seat. The car is full and the guy next to me is asleep. The couple on the other side of the aisle are both playing with their cell phones. Some of these people you could write a story about just by looking at them. I see another couple of women who obviously are coming back from Tokyo Disneyland. They have their souviners and even some Tokyo Bananas. Somehow I think they had more fun that I did today.
I was actually going to go to Disneyland over the weekend. However, some sudden work popped up and I found myself in Yokohama and Tokyo. So a crazy weekend to say the least. But it was ok. The weather was so beautiful that I couldn`t help but be in a little good mood. Plus after riding the trains to and from Tokyo I am very very glad I didn`t go. It would have been completely crazy full of people. But I am not sure if there is a time that Tokyo Disneyland isn`t crazy full of people.
On other news it appears I am getting affected by the prime loan issue in the United States. My house and everything is safe since I didn`t take out some crazy loan like many people did. However I got notice that my house and condo and other properties I own are having the property taxes adjusted. It appears the values have now decreased a little. Its fine to pay less taxes but I hate to see the property depreciate. I know it won`t last forever……. But I think it could get more painful for a lot of people…
Well I guess I will eat my bento and try to relax for an hour before I get to Nagoya…

Happy Trails,,,
Todd

No comments: