Sunday, September 10, 2006

September 10th

Well its the night before September 11th. This year is the 5th year or anniversary of the attacks on New York and Washington by the terrorists. Tonight on TV many stations are showing documentaries and news from that day. Basically its a little depressing and so I am not watching it. I am kind of sick of hearing about all that. But I still find myself very frustrated at our government (in particular our president) for the actions they took after 9/11. Instead of focusing on the terrorists who did this, he decided to have a war with Iraq. In doing so a lot of false information was given to the American people to convince them to support this war. Looking back now I am really troubled with what our country has done. Do I feel any safer since 9/11?? NO! Traveling in different countries I get many questions about how I feel about our government. I have also felt the hatred that many counties now have against the United States. Its too bad... So I don't feel safer and sometimes very embarrassed by the actions of our administration. Anyway, enough bitching about that. I can't believe its been 5 years. Time really flies!!! I guess tomorrow morning the news will tell us the country is on high alert. It's happened every year at this time since the attacks... I guess everything on TV tomorrow will be related to this terrible incident also... but we shouldn't forget what happened. We should look back and learn from this. But I wonder if our government really has..... who knows....
maybe we did learn something.

No comments: