Thursday, February 01, 2007

Finished work....



Well I finished my work at my office here in Utah. It was kind of hard to leave. I have really enjoyed working with all my co-workers. So kind of sad for me. I have really been comfortable working and living here in Utah. So I am a little nervous to leave. Also, I am a little nervous to see what happens when I transfer back to Utah. I guess I shouldn't worry about that so much. The biggest concern I have is working back in a Japanese office. Long days and not a lot of small talk. I like to work hard but I also have a life outside work. Many of the people I will be working with in Japan put work before anything. Its a different culture. I work to live not live to work.



Well my company gave me a big going away party with my favorite pizza from "The Pie". We had lots of coke and cake also. I didn't do much work at all. Then yesterday it was my bosses birthday. So since I am leaving we decided to tin foil his office. We waited until he went home then got his office open and wrapped this computer, chair, pictures and other things in tin foil. He was surprised. It was fun. I have NEVER had a better boss. He is the best person I have ever worked with and I will miss him. But look forward to returning and hopefully working with him again. I will still be working with him but from Japan. I also have a new boss in Japan which will be a little difficult I think. But thats life. It will be a good experience.



Here is a picture of him and his office.

Well I guess I need to finish packing. Tomorrow I have to wash all my cars and make sure my house is clean and locked up before I go. Its a little sad to leave this comfortable place but I will be back sometime. I think the next few years will just fly by. I do look forward to good food and meeting lots of new people. It should be a good experience.

No comments: