Monday, June 11, 2007

My internet and phone connection was knocked out during the rain storm last Saturday. I have never seen it rain so hard in my life. It never rains like that in Utah. I haven`t seen it rain that hard in San Francisco either. It was crazy for me. I was on the internet Saturday morning when all of a sudden I lost my connection. My neighbors also lost their connection. We called NTT and they came in the middle of the storm on Saturday and tried to fix it. I could not believe they were outside up on a power pole trying to fix our connections for 3 hours on Saturday. They worked really hard but couldn`t get it fixed due to the weather. In the end they had to quit and today came and replaced everyone`s fiber optic lines. So I am back up and it feels good.

Since coming to Japan I have really needed the internet to know whats going on back in the US. Also to keep up on the sports and things during the weekend. So it was strange not to have that connection. But also in a way kind of nice to get away.... Sometimes its good to get away from the cell phone, emails, telephone, and tv and just do something completely different! So in a way it was refreshing.

No comments: