Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I heard a loud crash outside our office today. It sounded like a car wreck. Everyone in the office ran to the window to see. (I guess that shows how bored everyone is or how bad people need a diversion for a few minutes). I am guilt of going to look also though. I admit it... I need an escape for a few minutes....

So we look outside to see a small car that hit a power pole. The pole fell over on the ground. The car was trying to get away but was caught in some wires. It kept trying and finally was able to get free and got away. I guess the guy in the car thought no one saw him and thought he could get away. BUT.... the problem was he left his bumper with license plate on the street. While he was trying to get away the wires caught on his bumper tore it off. So he got away but his bumper with the license plate was there.
After a few minutes the police and power company came to quickly take care of the damage. The police had the bumper and made some calls. About 30 minutes later we hear some yelling outside the window. Everyone in my office runs over to the window again to see whats going on this time. Well the police had the guy and his car there. They were basically yelling at him asking why he hit the pole and why he was so stupid to run off and leave his bumper. I am glad no one was hurt but it was kind of funny. That was my entertainment for the day. Pretty sad to say. I don`t think I have ever worked in such a quiet office in my life. However, I do remember my Sumitomo days and that office was kind of quiet also. But this one tops the cake. I mean its pretty quiet and basically dull in my opinion. But thats life. Looking back at my office in Utah it was much more different. I guess now that I think sometimes too loud with too much playing going on. I think people should be maybe just a little more serious sometimes. But its good to just get some energy out of the body when your sitting all day. So sometimes small play may be good I don’t know. But I think people generally were happy there. Here is hard to get a smile out of people sometimes. I guess its a matter of people being so mentally involved in their work they can’t smile,,,, or just the culture. I have been drinking with these people here so I know its not their personalities. They generally shine and show their true face the minute they leave the door. But while in the office it’s almost like we never met.... interesting. However, I have learned a lot since being here these few months and glad I am here. I hope to learn a lot more but I just don’t want to kill myself doing it. I need a balance. But all in all good... and as I always say... THE FOOD IS AWSOME!!!!

No comments: