Sunday, April 01, 2007

Can`t believe it....

Last night someone broke into my car. I can`t believe it. I came home to find my car had been broken into and my door was open. I checked the inside and nothing was stolen. But some people said they saw 2 people dressed in suites just walk up to my car and pop the door open and look around inside. Well I called the police but they can`t really do anything. They said they would drive around and see if they see anything. But of coarse they won`t. I was told it happens sometimes in this area. This is a nice area with a lot of businessmen living here. So it sounds like these guys always wear suits because there are so many people walking around in suits.

Well thats a first for me. But I am ok. A couple years ago in the United States I had my car stolen. So I guess it could have been worse. The car is fine and no damage. I guess the thieves do not like American rock music because all I had in my car was a bunch of music CDs I brought from the United States when I moved. I actually had a lot of music in my car so I am glad it didn`t get stolen. I wish I was home when they broke in though. I would have seriously ran outside to meet them and give them a nice American greeting. Anyway.... I never thought it would happen in Japan. But I guess it does anywhere. Still I feel very safe here and Japan basically feels much safer than the United States. But I can`t help feel that Japan is not the same Japan I knew when I first came here about 14 years ago. I think its become a little worse. I see graffiti in many areas now. I watch the news and see things I would not expect to. I guess it has changed. But still... much safer I feel than the US. Its a nice country and people are generally friendly and honest. So I really enjoy living here in peace. I just don`t enjoy people breaking into my car.....

No comments: