Saturday, August 26, 2006

U.S. Open 2006,

I am in New York now. I got here last night. Today I went to the U.S. Open. The tournament doesn't start until Monday. But today I had a pass to go see some players practice. I was able to watch most of the top mens players practice today which was awesome!

Some of the players I watched today were Andre Agassi, Andy Roddick, James Blake, Rafeal Nadal, Fernando Gonzalez, and Michael Berrer. It was really exciting to watch them and it made me feel like I am really terrible at tennis. They make the sport look so easy and the power in their game is incredible!!

I also had a chance to see the ledgend Martina Navratilova practice. She is playing doubles and this is her last year to complete. I think she must be close to 50 by now. But she still plays young and looks good. I also watched Steffi Graf. She is retired and married to Andre but she was out on the court hitting balls. It was fun to see her.

So it was a great day and made me want to go practice harder. So when I return I have new fire to play... It will be a great week here I am looking forward to watching the tournament...

No comments: